at Ofinity Recruitment and Manpower Services in
UAE - Dubai
Occupational Therapist at Ofinity Recruitment and Manpower Services in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 25, 2017
A leading healthcare provider in Dubai is looking for Occupational Therapist with DHA License.
You'll need to:
• develop a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore confidence;
• advise on home and workplace environmental alterations, such as adjustments for wheelchair access;
• teach anxiety management techniques;
• help people to return to work;
• advise on specialist equipment to help with daily activities;
• coach people with learning difficulties or poor social skills, in handling money and social interaction;
• mentor people on how to control their own behaviour;
• liaise with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers;
• write reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment;
• organize support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients;
• train students and supervise the work of occupational therapy assistants;
• Manage a caseload, prioritizing needs and completing administrative tasks such as patient and budgetary records.
What to expect
• You may need to be flexible about the geographical area in which you're willing to work when applying for entry-level positions.
• You can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, community facilities, schools, businesses, prisons and people's own homes.
• Some areas of work can be challenging and require physical and mental strength, flexibility and stamina.