Special Education Teacher
at Ofinity Recruitment and Manpower Services in
UAE - Dubai
Special Education Teacher at Ofinity Recruitment and Manpower Services in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on December 22, 2016
• Assess students' skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
• Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students
• Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
• Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student's abilities
• Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
• Implement IEPs, assess students' performance, and track their progress
• Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students' progress and goals
• Discuss student's progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
• Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
• Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
Communication skills. Special education teachers discuss student's needs and performances with general education teachers, parents, and administrators. They also explain difficult concepts in terms that students with learning disabilities can understand.
Critical-thinking skills. Special education teachers assess students' progress and use that information to adapt lessons to help them learn.
Interpersonal skills. Special education teachers regularly work with general education teachers, school counselors, administrators, and parents to develop Individualized Education Programs. As a result, they need to be able to build positive working relationships.
Patience. Working with students with special needs and different abilities can be difficult. Special education teachers should be patient with each student, as some may need the instruction given aloud, at a slower pace, or in writing.
Resourcefulness. Special education teachers must develop different ways to present information in a manner that meets the needs of their students. They also help general education teachers adapt their lessons to the needs of students with disabilities.
If you meet the above requirements, please send us updated CV editable format with photo at Ofinity.