at Bellaria Restaurant Management LLC in
UAE - Dubai
Pastry Chef at Bellaria Restaurant Management LLC in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 19, 2017
Responsible for the day to day management of the culinary team in his charge in his designated kitchen.
• Prepare and produce all pastry, desserts and sweet related dishes together with bakery items for the menus and ensuring items are of a consistently high standard
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
• Decorate pastries with utmost finishing quality to ensure the presentation will be exciting and beautiful.
• Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
• Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
• Ensures production according to established recipes
• Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills with a flair for creativity are a must.
• Lead, manage and organize all requirements for his respective Kitchen to ensure smooth functioning and customer satisfaction in line with company policies and regulations.
• Organize the activities of the team, providing guidance and support in their daily work.
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
• To ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature.
• Take responsibility for the receipt and safe storage of deliveries, checking that goods are correct and of good quality and noting / resolving any discrepancies.
• Any other reasonable duties as required to fulfil the needs of the business.
• Ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Proven experience as Pastry Chef for min 1 year
• Great attention to detail and creativity
• Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
• Added advantage if he/she holds a Schengen visa
• Should Be innovative & be abreast with latest hospitality trends
• Supervises the pastry production of all operations.
• Strong supervisory skills and Excellent planning and organizing skills