AP Certified Teacher For Advanced Schools Within UAE
at Phoenix Business Solution in
UAE - Dubai
AP Certified Teacher For Advanced Schools Within UAE at Phoenix Business Solution in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 10, 2017
We are looking for outstanding subject teachers to deliver the required curriculum and who can inspire and encourage students to grow and develop as leaders and entrepreneurs.
The ASP programme caters to the needs of the elite students from mainstream and some private schools. Based on exam results and their performance at interview, students are chosen to attend an ASP school where they will receive a higher level curriculum. The programme will prepare students to meet the entry requirements of the best Universities in the UAE and overseas.
The teachers will be placed in our Advanced system - being piloted this year and then to be rolled out further 2017/18.
Our teacher vacancies are;
The job specifications are listed below. However, this is an overview of the role and is not exhaustive, nor will all post holders routinely undertake all of the functions Liaise with the coordinator to ensure all teaching resources are available for the students, Reserves the right to assign other duties, commensurate with the grade, as required.
• Liaise with the coordinator to ensure all teaching resources are available for the students
• Ensure continuous and consistent drive in lessons
• Monitor student attainment and ensure attainment data is accurate and up to date
• Engage parents and external agencies when and where required to ensure progress
• Contribute to the development and improvement of the school
• Regularly report student concerns to the coordinator
• Share best practice with colleagues on the Programme and provide support as necessary
• Contribute data to the individual learning plan when required
• Monitor students' academic progress
• Represent the School locally and regionally as required.
• To ensure the protection of children and learners at all times
• Lead by example.
• Demonstrate and embed the School core values of putting children and young adults first, achieving excellence and behaving with integrity at all times.
• Be punctual to all lessons and all appointed schedules
• Plan effective lessons
• Teach effective lessons
• Ensure that all skills in the scope and sequence are covered
• Monitor students to ensure all concepts taught are understood and can be applied
• Liaise with the coordinator to ensure all required resources are available for the students
• Regular reporting on progress to the coordinator and the management team
• Provide mentoring and support to colleagues
• Implement initiatives to meet the aims and objectives of the programme as directed
• Promote the ASP programme during parental and community engagements
• Actively build constructive and open relationships with networks of colleagues
• Contribute effectively to all training schedules as may be required
• Have a demonstrable ability to show that all students can achieve the set goals
• A minimum of two years' experience as teacher in an AP programme
for Science Teacher:
Should have taught Science (Chemistry, Physics, Biology)
for Maths Teacher:
Should have taught algebra, geometry, pre-calculus, calculus or statistics
• Have a track record as an effective teacher
for Biology Teacher:
A degree in biological sciences with substantial biology component
for Chemistry Teacher:
A degree in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science, chemical engineering or a degree with substantial chemistry component
for Physics Teacher: A degree in physics, Mathematics or Engineering
for Math Teacher:
A degree in a relevant subject area such as Statistics, Econometrics, Operational Research, Mathematics or related fields
for Science Teacher: A degree in Biological, Physical science or Environmental Science
• A Level or equivalent teachers will be accepted
• Approved AP certification
• Be a native English language speaker or
• Have achieved IELTS 6+ Academic for non-Native English speakers
• Classroom management skills
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Ability to apply your subject in real life context
• Committed to raising standards and attainment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good decision-making skills
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• IT skills including use of online or electronic teaching, tracking and
• assessment resources
• Commitment to continual professional development
Salary Package & Benefits
Salary for certified and experienced AP (College Board Advanced Placement) is 24, 000 AED per month
Benefits: Medical Cover, spouse and up to three dependent children under the age of eighteen (18) years who are sponsored on the employee's visa and who reside in the UAE.
For candidates living outside the UAE at the time of recruitment:
Mobilization / Repatriation Travel Ticket: Economy class for Mobilization will be provided / repatriation ticket for employee, spouse and three dependent children below 18 years of age to the international airport closest to city of origin as per passport.