at Prime@Technology Specialists, inc. in
Philippines - Taguig
Systems Administrator at Prime@Technology Specialists, inc. in Philippines - Taguig
Job highlightsPosted on December 27, 2016
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, operations, and its customers.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of departmental projects. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support BFS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support BFS operations and business; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation availability.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
3. Install and configure systems such as supports BFS' infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
4. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
6. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
Operations and Support
7. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
8. Responsible for the security and integrity of services and applications hosted on all servers
9. Responsible and accountable for the administration and continued service of the mail services delivered through Microsoft Exchange Server
10. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
11. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
12. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
13. Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
14. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
15. Provides assistance to the IT team in resolving IT services issues related to the domain of server applications, services, e-mail and data integrity/security
16. Complies/adheres/abides to departmental policies and procedures in accordance to industry best practices and standards alongside company policies and procedures
14. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
15. Upgrade and configure system software that supports BFS' infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
16. Maintain and update operational, configuration, or other procedures.
17. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
18. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
19. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
1. Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
2. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
3. Four to six years system administration hands on experience.
4. Extensive administrative experience in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory management
5. Extensive administrative experience in SAN and/or NAS storage
6. Extensive administrative experience in virtual environment infrastructure; EMC, NetApp
7. Experienced MS Exchange administrator - 4 years
1. Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
1. Decisions normally have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can typically require one to two weeks to correct or reverse.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT -FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
1. Functions as a lead worker doing the work similar to those in the work unit; responsibility for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance.
2. Takes on the role of project lead for activities related to systems/servers/e-mails/application services when and wherever necessary as required by the IT department.
3. No budget responsibility.
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
2. Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
1. Normal working hours from Monday to Friday, 9AM to 6PM
2. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
3. No regular travel required.
4. Willing to work in BGC