Financial Controller (Executive)
at JP Search in
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Financial Controller (Executive) at JP Search in Kuala Lumpur
Job highlightsPosted on November 22, 2016
To manage the financial services and serve as Head of Finance to the property in order to ensure the cost-effectiveness and profitability of the operations. Also, management of financial, accounting and tax matters towards achieving company's objectives through participation in Balanced Scorecard (BSC).
• Prepare annual operational budget for the property in Management report format and Corporate format.
• Facilitate identification of means to control expenses and generate revenue so as to achieve targeted objectives.
• Oversee monthly forecast of all business units to ensure efficient operations.
• Oversee and implement asset management.
• Oversee IT department.
• Assist other function in carrying out the BSC action plan to ensure customer satisfaction.
Internal Business Process
• Ensure timely and accurate production of all required reports and schedules.
• Liaise with all external regulating bodies such as Customs, In-Land Revenue Department, Central Bank, City Hall (DBKL), Owner's FC, Accountant, internal / external Auditors and ensure that required reports and schedules are submitted by deadlines.
• Ensure compliance with accounting standards and statutory requirements by setting appropriate internal controls and procedures.
• Drive the BSC action plan in simplifying the billing process.
• Assist other function in reviewing customer related processes and make recommendation for change.
• Review the accounting related procedures and make recommendation to simplify and improve on the existing systems.
• Set up of the Back Office Accounting Systems and policies.
• Update the Accounting team regularly on the organization's direction.
• Lead, motivate and develop the team in order to achieve the unit's objectives
• Identify internal training needs and develop training program or recommend necessary training program for the accounting team.
• ACCA / Degree / Higher Diploma in Accountancy from a recognized university or professional accounting bodies.
• At least 5 to 10 years working experience in the finance department in a managerial/ supervisory level, preferably in hospitality industry.
• Familiarity with the reporting and regulatory requirements in Malaysia.
• Familiarity with the Uniform System of Accounts for Lodging Industry
• Computer literacy and knowledge of relevant software applications is required.
Qualified or interested candidate, Kindly click apply below or email us a copy of in MS Word format to: jpsearch.
Kindly indicate the following details in :
1. Current and Expected salary
2. Reason for leaving for current and previous employment
3. Earlier availability date
4. Position that you are applying for
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
However, rest assured that all applications will be updated to our resume bank for future opportunities/references.