Sales & Marketing Manager
at Al Majaz Premiere Hotel Apartments in
UAE - Sharjah
Sales & Marketing Manager at Al Majaz Premiere Hotel Apartments in UAE - Sharjah
Job highlightsPosted on November 20, 2016
• This position is responsible for maximising rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base.
• Proactively uncovering new prospects for the Hotel, and maximising conversion of business in line with Hotels' budgetary goals.
• This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
• Representing the Hotel worldwide promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity, and uncovering additional leads for the property.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the hotels and properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilised to its full capacity.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
• To attend any trade fairs as a representative of the complex hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotels.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan of the hotels and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• To actively participate in the morning meetings on a daily basis.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Re-negotiation of SET agreements within budgetary guidelines of all corporate accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans as agreed with General Manager
• Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to.
• To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educational in line with business needs.
• Participate in marketing strategies and take responsibility for agreed projects, such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns, in support of Marketing.
• Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates and communicating to the team for further follow up.
• Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in local language or English, and at least one additional language.
• Bachelor degree required additional education in Sales fields preferred.
• At least 4 years of UAE experience of Sales Specialist.
* Arabic speaker as a plus