Senior CAD Design Engineer (Automotive/Based In Penang)
at JP Search in
Senior CAD Design Engineer (Automotive/Based In Penang) at JP Search in Malaysia
Job highlightsPosted on November 9, 2016
• Design of custom L2 SMT product based on customers design information including 2D & 3D mechanical design, PCB design, plastic assembly design, thermal interface, electrical interface and mechanical interface.
• Contribute ideas and facilitate team work in developing new custom L2 products. In-depth knowledge in technologies and DFM methodology and their latest development within the field.
• Solve complex technical issues which require innovative ideas and technical insight, solutions require customer interface, technical leadership, planning and organizational skills. Ability to solve complex problems by redefining/improving known techniques/technology across projects.
• LED utilization (Vf, Flux, Colour) study, DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP documentation and others that comply to TS requirements.
• Provide instruction on prototype build request to contract manufacturers and assess on potential design to manufacture quality gaps.
• Coordinate with contract manufacturers NPI team from qualification to MP release.
• Keep track on all programs progress and update management on regular basis.
• Willing to travel internationally for project design and development related updates or customer interface if required.
• BS/MS in Mechanical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent engineering field.
• Hands-on design skills including: Solidwork CAD (2D and 3D), electronic design, optical system design, thermal analysis and PCB design experience.
• Knowledge of automotive lighting systems, requirements and specifications.
• High level of logical thinking where design requires great deal of common sense to develop low cost but high quality products.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills.
• Ability to interface with global internal and external teams.
• Knowledge/understand of relevant application requirements for automotive (CIE, SAE, ECE and etc) and TS16949.
• Automotive product development design experience
Kindly indicate the following details in :
1. Current and Expected salary
2. Reason for leaving for current and previous employment
3. Earlier availability date
4. Position that you are applying for
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
However, rest assured that all applications will be updated to our resume bank for future opportunities/references.