Design And Technology Teacher
at Phoenix Business Solutions in
UAE - Abu Dhabi
Design And Technology Teacher at Phoenix Business Solutions in UAE - Abu Dhabi
Job HighlightsPosted on September 4, 2016
- Experience in Education & Training
- Professional background in Teaching
- Job level Junior/Entry Level
Pays salary of
AED 15,000 - AED 16,000 /month
Fluent English is a Must
- Nationality Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, United States
• Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience in a middle or high school ;
• Experience of running STEM projects across different ;
• Experience in participating or supervising student projects for design and technology competition is highly ;
• University Degree (IT, MIS, Science, engineering) or equivalent in a Design Technology related subject ;
• Qualified teacher status through PGCE, DTLL, PTLL or other International equivalent
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Essential understanding and application of programming web designing (java, HTML and python) and hardware (C++ & C#)
• Excellent oral and written English ;
• IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only
• Experience of managing and leading groups of students/ young people.
• Experience producing teaching materials.
• Proficiency in Workshop environment.
• Strong knowledge of Design Technology
• A high standard of numeracy.
• Ability to work collaboratively to achieve departmental development goals.
• Ability to work independently to produce resources and manage personal workload.
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
• Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
• In collaboration with Lead Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
• To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
• Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
• To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
• Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
• To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
• Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
• A commitment to put into effect the school's policies and priorities.
• Ability to use ICT to support planning, delivery and administration through use of standard ICT packages.
• A willingness to see beyond the subject specific boundary and flexibility to teach beyond the subject specialism.