Dy General Manager - Shipyards & Drydocks
at A leading company in Myanmar in
Dy General Manager - Shipyards & Drydocks at A leading company in Myanmar in Singapore
Job highlightsPosted on August 31, 2016
Excellent Dy General Manager job available within one of the Myanmar's largest conglomerate companies to set up their ship yard and dry docks business division in Myanmar. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experience shipping professional or superintendent to lead, manage and grow a business vertical with a global remit.
Deliver against agreed group strategic and financial goals by building and developing a unique value proposition which positions the company as the preferred agent towards Shipyards and Dry-docks and sets apart their service offering to owners/managers. The key measurable will be incremental revenue delivered from the dedicated Shipyard and Dry-dock product.
- Build a dedicated Shipyard & Dry-dock product as well as developing new business in the Shipyard & Dry-dock sector globally.
- Develop and execute business expansion plans for key existing customers
- Establish relationships with Shipyards and Dry-docks to position the company as the preferred agents at all times
- Build and maintain key relationships at senior level with target customers, incl. owners and managers
- Capture market intelligence, provide key inputs for tenders and pricing
- Manage the implementation of the product in cooperation with the regions and other relevant group functions
- Establish a library of sales support material which enables the commercial group functions and the regions to sell the product in parallel
- Maintain a documented sales pipeline, with all relevant details regarding each target, their requirements and needs, information regarding key decision makers and influencers and other relevant data.
- Submit reports on sales and other related business activity on a regular basis.
- Prepare and implement financial reporting models for pre-qualification and performance measurement of each appointment
-The ideal candidate will possess:
-Must have min 15years of experience in the
- Technical knowledge and experience from the Shipyard & Dry-docking industry, preferably as a superintendent
- Comprehensive understanding of cost drivers and key challenges of the ship owners and managers
- Extensive shipping background especially within shipyards
- Commercial acumen and ability to build relationships with ship-owners, managers and decision makers at Shipyards and Dry-docks
- Analytical, structured and great technical understanding
- Ability to perform to tight deadlines in a hectic environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing independently based on instructions.
- Advanced experience in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Willingness to undertake regular overseas travel.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills - fluency in additional languages an advantage
Flight ticket to home