at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in
Financial Accountant Full time at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Cairo, Egypt
Job highlightsPosted on August 24, 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle bookkeeping and day-to-day financial transactions; insert the transactions in the IT system(s)
- Provide regular financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends when required
- Handle cash box accounts for each donor and record their transactions in the system
- Handle bank transactions (transfers, cash withdrawal, currency exchange)
- Follow up on payments schedule with contractors and service providers
- Follow up on collection of funds from governments and institutions
- Assist the Finance head in procurement, HR, contracting, and relevant administration tasks
- Assist in preparing and maintaining consultancy contracts, donor agreements, and third party ;
- Assist the finance head in coordinating legal obligations and implications related to RCREEE activities and ;
- Assist the financial head with payroll and benefits administration, salary slips and payroll reports for all staff
- Assist the head of finance in financial reporting
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audits and report to the ED
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, HR policies and project management
- Handle all procurements and purchases for projects and for the organization
- Assist the finance head in developing plans and ;
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience within the development and not-for-profit sector, preferably in a similar organization
- Experience in payroll, benefits administration and bank relations
- Strong Accounting and Financial Reporting Skills
- Commitment to Confidentiality, presentation, Communications and Time Management skills
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both oral and written
- Flexibility to adopt new challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work within an international team and stressful environment
- Budgeting experience is a plus
General Terms and Conditions
The Financial Accountant is required to work from RCREEE's Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for one year including a 3 months' probation period.
Contract extension will be subject to performance and availability of funding.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send an and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: at the latest by 23 September 2016.
Please indicate in Message Subject: Financial Accountant
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.