Open Pit Geotechnical Engineer (Dem Rep Of Congo)
through CareerAvenue Global in
Open Pit Geotechnical Engineer (Dem Rep Of Congo) at CareerAvenue Global in South Africa
Job highlightsPosted on April 18, 2016
Contract fly-in-fly-out position in the mining sector in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Africa (safe area). Single status position with a six day working week.
Salary tax free plus benefits, according to qualifications and experience.
Reports to: Rock Mechanics Chief Engineer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: Manage the monitoring stability of slope of the open pit mine.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• University degree in Mining, Geotechnical, Geology or Electromechanical
• At least five (5) years experience in managing the stability of open pit mines.
• Able to use desktop software.
• Able to use the software Radars for stability control.
• Able to use geotechnical software (Rocscience) for simulations.
• Able to use geotechnical instruments.
• Working experience in Africa advantageous.
• Excellent oral and written communication, including writing technical reports.
• Able to lead and build a team.
• Able to work under stress.
• Physically fit.
• Valid driver's license.
• Preferably bilingual (English and French).
• Supervise all geotechnical activities in open pits
• Manage Radar information and set the parameters of alarms according to geotechnical zones.
• Perform the compilation of the daily report.
• Perform simulations for specific stability problems of one or more banks.
• Revise the geotechnical design by checking safety factors.
• Manage SMS alarms and alerts according to TARP.
• Provide the weekly geotechnical engineering program to the Mine Planning Department.
• Prepare the monthly report.
• Administer the staff of the unit.
• Perform other duties as requested by management in relation to his abilities.