Assistant Food Production Manager
at Kitopi in
Job highlightsPosted on October 17, 2019
What You'll Do
Kitopi's Assistant Production Manager is directly responsible for assisting the Production Manager for continuously moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies.
Our customer and client satisfaction are largely reliant on our ability to stay true to our brands' recipes all the way from the production to delivery stage. As an Assistant Production Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager in raising the bar and driving it higher for the quality of our various suppliers. This role will have the constant aim of achieving efficiency, allowing Kitopi's portfolio of suppliers to scale up and send out more orders whilst remaining, absolutely delicious!
- Ensure effective ordering of all products for the Centralized Kitchen; maintain product inventory at a level that promotes product rotation, freshness, and maximizes shelf life and sales potential.
- Participate in determining order quantities and verifying the cost of goods.
- Assist with determining product selections, and perform category management functions assigned by the Brand Champion - Chef or as needed.
- Determine daily projects and activities of department employees; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist in performing quality control checks and monitoring production KPI's.
- Assure that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Drive the team ethic and tone, developing a strong culture of continuous improvement to consistently raise the bar of execution.
- Executing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
What We Are Looking For?
With 5+ years of experience, our ideal Assistant Production Manager will be a former Production Supervisor / Production worker or hold a proven track record as a Production professional from an international food supplier or work with mass bulk production! A degree within hospitality management or business management is a must and former exposure within a similar role would be an added benefit.
Who We Are Looking For?
- You hustle hard and understand the entrepreneurial landscape. High stamina - you don't fold under pressure. In fact, you thrive in fast-paced environments.
- If you were to seek professional advice you are likely to be Strong people management skills and experience leading large teams. You can set the tone for your team and drive towards results while being empathetic to your teams' challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners. An entrepreneurial DNA - you're like the lost and found for great opportunities.
- People person - an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams. Able to motivate and inspire.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills - able to speak and listen effectively; great written, verbal, and presentation skills.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.