at 60 Decibels in
Job highlightsPosted on October 8, 2019
We are currently looking for Researchers. Most work will be conducted remotely through phone interviews, which means you'll need access to a laptop or computer you can use, a stable phone and internet connection and somewhere quiet to work. Allowances for phone and internet use during projects will be given by 60 Decibels.
Successful candidates will be offered short-term contracts based on projects the 60 Decibels team is working on. The likely duration of the contracts will be between 3 weeks and 2 months; on average, they are 3-4 weeks. If you are interested but we do not have current projects, we can add you to our Researcher database and reach out if projects come up in the future. As a Researcher, you will be given training, as well as guidance on deliverables and deadlines.
Although Researchers will be hired on short-term contracts, there is a healthy pipeline of projects, and you may find there is regular work available.
- Conducting interviews and surveys with stakeholders of clients (interview questions and surveys will be provided)
- Inputting data from research conducted in a clear, concise and accurate way in template databases in Excel or online data entry forms
- Communicate regularly with the 60 Decibels team to provide updates on progress and challenges faced, such as misunderstanding of questions or unavailability of data
- Provide feedback on data collection methods and survey tool design
- Entering all data into English - fluency in written and spoken English required
- Analysis and pulling insights from data, as needed
- Based in Country of Origin - Madagascar, Nepal, Liberia, Mexico, Malawi, Bangladesh, Tanzania, Myanmar, Cote d'Ivoire, Bolivia, Egypt, and Ethiopia
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Local country languages
- Educated with an undergraduate degree and/or diploma (Masters will be a plus but not mandatory)
- 1-2 years of research experience, preferably in surveying, interviewing, data collection and/or analysis
- Computer literate: excellent Word, Excel, and email skills
- Excellent listener, confident talking to people - polite, respectful
- Excellent communication and reporting skills; any customer service experience is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and planning skills, critical listening, and attention to detail are key
- Desire to learn takes initiative and good problem-solving skills
- Interested in social impact research
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.