at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in
Accountant Full time at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Cairo, Egypt
Job highlightsPosted on September 9, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide regular financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends when required.
- Handle cash box accounts for each donor and record their transactions in the system.
- Handle book keeping and day-to-day financial transactions; post the transactions in the ERP system.
- Handle bank transactions (transfers, cash withdrawal, currency exchange)
- Follow up on payments schedule (AP) with contractors and service providers
- Verify that invoices have been approved and paid according to the approval matrix
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports and Ad-hoc request
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Commitment to Confidentiality, presentation, Communications and Time Management skills
- Time Management Skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both oral and written
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
General Terms and Conditions
The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE's Cairo office.
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment is for a duration of 12 months including a 3-month probation period
Contract renewal will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.