Master Black Belt
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Master Black Belt implements Six Sigma philosophy and methodology through the management of performance improvement projects assigned to them. This position will lead transformational projects at Weatherford in their assigned responsibility (Finance, HR, Quality,etc).
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Responsible for being familar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherfords Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- This position manages Six Sigma projects ensuring timelines, milestones and deadlines are organized, coordinated and met.
- Ensures that the business case for each project is solid and based on appropriate, clear measures and includes clear goals.
- Facilitates transactional process improvements through Six Sigma methodology focusing on manufacturing and back office.
- Incorporates appropriate change management strategies and tools into project management.
- Trains the workforce as appropriate.
- Facilitates team meetings effectively and productively.
- Uses rigorous data collection and analysis to guide effective team decision-making.
- Scientifically tests solutions then selects and hardwires the best solutions that eliminate waste and improve efficiency and quality/financial results.
- Incorporates a long-term control plan to sustain results.
- Prepares and delivers reports/presentations at key intervals throughout the project.
- Obtains project sponsor approval at each milestone and at project closure/handoff.
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- All employees have an accountability to the organization to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demontrates leadership, ethical behaviour and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- 10+ years of experience in process improvement and project leadership
- Proven track record in six sigma implementation through redesigned processes
- Six Sigma Black Belt certified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational excellence, Six Sigma and principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Develops workable implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, and builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Ability to learn the various operations processes
- This role may require domestic and potentially international travel of up to: <10%
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.