Function & Scope Coordinates and controls all drilling and workover engineering activities on assigned rigs. Includes the Preparation of drilling proposals, drilling and workover programs and the provision of technical expertise to optimize drilling operations and ensure their completion within the approved budget. Participates in tender preparation, contractors' pre-qualification and the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget. Acts as technical proponent for one or more contracts. Visits drilling/workover rig sites regularly and acts as operation focal point between Rig-site & Main office. Ensures coordination and integration within the Team & with the rest of organization Minimum Requirements
- B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent plus relevant advanced courses in Drilling/Completion/Directional Drilling and Blow Out prevention methods/ problem solving decision making & well control certification.
- A minimum fifteen (15) years of industry experience (at least 5 of which in a senior role) with specific emphasis on drilling technology and blow out prevention techniques and methods.
- At least five (5) years' experience in ERD drilling planning and execution, with experience in fields with H2S content in excess of 20%.
- Core competency in drilling engineering and drilling operations.
- Experience with horizontal and/or multi-lateral well technology.
- Developed skills in directional well planning, casing design, and cementing designs for sour environments.
- Familiar with completion design and execution.
- Thorough understanding of all financial aspects of drilling operations Including budgeting, preparation of AFE's, cost forecasting and estimation of service company contract values.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a project team and help contribute to an environment that fosters innovation, risk-taking continuous improvement, and continuous learning.
- Excellent judgment and decision making ability regarding technical matters.
- Proficiency with Landmark drilling and planning tools (Well Plan, Compass, Stress Check, etc.).
- Experience of large projects.
- Exposure to, and experience of, working with H2S gas.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.