IT & Production Coordinator – Video Games PublishingReef Entertainment requires an IT & Production Coordinator – Video Games to assist with the efficient running of its Video Game publishing business.There are 2 main areas of focus in this role, general IT Support / Maintenance of which applicants MUST already have good knowledge of, and secondly relating to the production/submission side of the publishing business which will pull on your technical ability but where existing knowledge is not expected.There will be a chance for ‘on the job’ learning for many of the specific tasks pertaining to video game publishing. However, background or education in IT, technical mind & experience in PC gaming is essential. Experience in console gaming is also very helpful.The role will include the following tasks.
- Building / Set-up and Maintenance of Gaming PCs used for testing.
- Set-up & running of various debug & testing consoles (this includes installing builds, updating & linking with the manufacture’s networks for validation, etc.)
- Set-up & maintenance of Reef’s streaming area along with stream host.
- Set-up & maintenance of Reef’s video editing PC.
- Maintenance of Reef’s Macs used by graphic designers.
- Running of Reef’s office PCs along with IT Manager of the parent company.
- Coordination of PC & Console testing sessions. Ensuring testers have access to all of the games and software they need (video capture etc). Ensuring that save files, videos, and other data are passed safely to the developers.
- IT & Equipment set-up at fan events & cons (when/if they commence once again).
- Uploading game builds to various console manufacturer web portals.
- Metadata completion.
- File checking and upload of graphic files for manufacturing.
- Light amounts of image editing and graphic design.
- Maintaining various, owned, and third-party FTPS.
- Accessing Bug tracking databases.
- Researching various manufacturer web services for publishing.
- Submission of content to age rating companies.
- Game capture for purposes of age rating or bug checking.
- Game testing.
- Adhoc assistance with logistics, packing & manufacturing.
- PC Building: 1 year (Preferred)
- IT Maintnance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.