The job at this level is responsible to lead and carry out the engineering deliverables related to preparation of Bid Proposal or an EPC or FEED project as per Company / Discipline procedures with respect to Naval Architecture Discipline. The Lead Engineer may also sometimes be required to assist other engineers for preparing discipline deliverables based on the specific project requirement. The candidate shall be capable of providing guidance on all design engineering and technical matters related to the discipline and shall be capable of monitoring project progress and reporting to Project Manager / Engineering management. The candidate shall be familiar with offshore installation procedures, industry and MWS standards. The candidate shall be responsible for technical accuracy of engineering deliverables & support services. This role includes close liaison with the Design Office Coordinator, Project Engineering Manager and Client.
- Receives allocated duties and reviews enquiry documentation from client together with Scope of Work to understand what is required.
- Reviews/prepares specifications to meet requirements of allocated tasks.
- Finalises and plans deliverable list of the project in consultation with HOD / Engineering Manager.
- Creates drawings and document register to ensure all deliverables are accountable and completed on time.
- Lead and carry out engineering deliverables for all load out, transportation and float over engineering.
- Reviews / Prepares Scope of work documents for subcontract.
- Provides reports on project progress against the approved plans and budgets, bringing to notice potential problems or delays and recommends solutions.
- Prepares man-hour estimates for Engineering deliverables at the estimation stage, for consideration in the development of the final bid.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for Weight Control Inputs, act as Weight Control Representative on allocated jobs and issue timely Weight Control Reports as per Project requirements.
- Contribute to development of engineering technology and tools.
- Ensure compliance with Company and project QA/QC and HSE procedures.
- B.E in Naval Architecture
- Overall 10-12 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years as Lead in Naval Architecture & Installation Engineering in an EPC company or Consultancy.
- Cumulative 10 years experience as discipline engineer in Naval Architecture & Installation Engineering in an EPC company or Consultancy.
- Excellent knowledge in load out, transportation and float over engineering.
- Excellent knowledge in hydrostatics and hydrodynamics
- Has good knowledge of Weight Engineering concepts.
- Planning & organising skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Leadership and Influencing skills
- Understanding of Engineering disciplines in Oil & Gas industry.
- Working Experience of Engineering software / Design Codes with hands-on experience in SESAM modules - HydroD / SIMA / SIMO and Moses.
- Excellent Written and spoken English. Proficient in writing design reports and calculation sheets.
- Excellent technical knowledge and Decision-making skills.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation skills.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.