PURPOSE & SCOPE:
This position requires experience in Front End Engineering Design of Oil & Gas facilities; mainly involving Upstream, Midstream, Gas Processing, Petroleum Refineries etc. The role involves in-depth knowledge of conceptual HSE design, for Offshore as well as Onshore, oil / gas production, processing and transportation facilities. The role also includes initiating and guiding in-house development activities involving guidelines / procedures to strengthen discipline capabilities and undertaking troubleshooting activities during various phases of project.
Principal HSE Engineers shall be responsible for producing / reviewing various Loss prevention and HSE Deliverables (such as HSE Philosophies, HSE Plan, Fire & Gas system design, fire protection system design, safety studies etc.) Produced in house or by external agencies for the Projects / Enquiries.
During tendering stage, responsible for the review of enquiry documentation and the Scope of Work, perform pre-bid engineering, estimate man-hours and thus provide required inputs for bid preparation. After award of Project, works as Principal HSE Engineer with complete responsibility for correctness and accuracy of the Safety Deliverables issued on the Project. This responsibility also includes guiding / training a team of HSE Engineers as required and close coordination with other engineering disciplines and client's project team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to Head of Discipline / Engineering Manager (Process & Safety) and works under his overall supervision.
- Assumes responsibility as Lead HSE Engineer for the project and capable of producing deliverables with minimum assistance / supervision.
- Responsible for producing HSE deliverables such as Hazardous Area Schedule, Fire & Gas Detection Study including Detector's Layout, performing Firewater Hydraulics , sizing Fire Water Pump and Deluge System, preparing detailed P&IDs for fire protection system, preparing data sheets for firewater pumps, deluge valves, sprinkler nozzles, foam system and other miscellaneous fire protection equipment.
- Develop the scope of works for the specialised studies performed by external agencies and participate in evaluation of the offers and final award.
- Interface with other disciplines and the client on critical issues till resolution.
- Work for Estimation of resources for Project / Enquiries.
- Supervise / guide and train the Engineers as required.
- The responsibility shall also include coordination with client, HSE Consultant( who are assigned to perform specialised studies), other discipline engineers and Project team
- Perform Flare Radiation and Dispersion Analysis as required
- Prepare/ review Safety Equipment Layout and Escape route layout.
- Participate in HAZOP, HAZID and other safety studies.
- Provides input for the development of the Planning Package and project progress reporting.
- Develop Spread Sheets; programme to simplify computational works.
- Should be familiar with current HSE practices and should have hand-on experience with the software FRED, DNV PHAST PROFESSIONAL, PIPENET etc. used for Consequence Analysis and firewater hydraulics respectively.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent from a reputed institute
- Minimum of 15 years' experience as HSE Design Engineer in Oil and Gas industry, out of which minimum 6 years should be in LDE role
- Knowledge of relevant codes and practices such as SHELL DEP, BP Guide lines and ADNOC COPs etc.
- Has excellent skill of report writing and possess brilliant communication skill
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Proven supervisory track record
- Planning & organising skills
- Influencing skills.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering discipline work procedure.
- Knowledge of Engineering software and Design Codes.
- Should be familiar with routine safety study/reviews like QRA, FRA, EERA, HSEIA, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, and SIMOPS etc.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good optimization skills.
- Good leadership skills.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
الشركة المعلنة عن الوظيفة
National Petroleum Construction Company
Norm Awareness WEISHEIT Business Consultancy & Training Center287 درهم
318 درهممدة الدورة التدريبية: 1 Day Live virtual classroom
Authorized Gas Tester WEISHEIT Business Consultancy & Training Center382 درهم
424 درهممدة الدورة التدريبية: 1 Day Live virtual classroom