PURPOSE & SCOPE:
During the FEED phase of a project, responsible for a number of key functions or objectives:
- Optimisation of Plant Layout
- Equipment Evaluation
- Civil / Structural Commitment
- Development of Piping Standards/Specifications
- Review of Piping Codes
- Man-hour estimates & Staff requirements
The primary aim of each of these functions is to establish a base that is fundamentally sound, a base from which the detailed design can develop. To achieve these objectives interaction between Stress and other functional groups within Piping and other Engineering disciplines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review BEDD (Climatic, Environmental/lifecycle parameters)
- Understand various installation & construction strategies, which may affect the FEED/EPC deliverables.
- Work closely with client to determine project basis & Define Project procedures and Work Instructions
- Identify conflicting criteria, discuss & agree deviations with client documentation
- Identify long lead critical equipment for early stress analysis Pre-EPC (will depend on extend of FEED scope)
- Identify Special operational conditions e.g. FIV/AIV, High Pressure/Temps, Surge etc which may influence space allocations)
- Define EPC Stress deliverables and associated assumptions
- Understand Contracting Strategy for "Full" project life cycle (may affect execution of FEED and associated deliverables.
- Scope out the project for major critical lines (Review P&IDs and define preliminary calculation systems in order to Develop preliminary Critical Line List
- Layout spacing reviews based on shape approval of major critical lines
- Develop Equipment Nozzle Allowable Loads with mechanical
- Loops bays and sizing
- Modularisation/stick built strategy
- Dressing philosophy for vessels/columns (if applicable)
- Review plot layout with piping lead to identify areas of concern in order to drive work focus during FEED
- Identify client support standards. Establish variances in design or gaps (e.g. Stitch welds, non-welding, rubbing bars, clamped shoes etc clarify with client)
- B.Eng. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years total Engineering experience and minimum 12 years in the oil and gas industry; experience in onshore & offshore, upstream & midstream projects with modular construction is preferred. Thorough understanding of fatigue analysis, AIV/FIV, bridge analysis, dynamic analysis (spectrum) for slug/PSV and structural displacement analysis.
- Capable of giving optimized technical solutions with commercial awareness
- Proven supervisory track record in major projects and management potential.
- Well developed planning and organising skills.
- Influencing and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of specific Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering software for stress analysis, 3D modelling etc.
- Thorough knowledge of interdisciplinary interfaces.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Good Communication skills.
- Experience of leading engineering work in mega size FEED projects.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.