Business Development Manager - UAE
في NOMAC في
ويبرز العملنُشرت يوم March 30, 2021
To manage the O&M bid process for an assigned bid, including the preparation of the proposal documentation, relevant due diligence as necessary, perform techno-commercial optimization, project risk mitigation and internal stakeholder alignment, ensuring the development of a competitive proposal, meeting the requirements of the respective RFP and NOMAC policy and procedures.
Strategy & Plans
- Contribute to the development of the BD strategy in line with the functional strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departments.
- Regularly report to the manager on the operational activities of department, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the department’s activities.
Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Review and verification of O&M Cost model for relevant bids and proposals
- Understand the detailed scope of work & owner technical specifications, prepare clarifications etc., to ensure all the technical specifications are understood and discussed, keeping in mind the best interest of the company.
- Perform site, country, technology and contractor / partner due diligence visits as necessary and provide comprehensive reports to the respective stakeholders, highlighting critical s
- Coordinate with various functions/ teams, contractors, partners, etc. as required, for their feedback & assumptions and compile the required information and documentation to assist in bid preparation while ensuring it meets the RFP requirements.
- Lead the development of technical,commercial and financial bids based on the documentation, inputs and feedback received from various stakeholders, to ensure alignment with the requirements while adhering to quality standards.
- Be the focal point between the ACWA Power BD team and the internal functions and seek technical input, clarify issues, and communicate with them the timelines and expectations in order to ensure the O&M package is delivered as per the expected timeline and quality.
- Oversee the liaison with various internal stakeholders such as Finance, Legal, HSSE teams etc. for inputs, assumptions, suggestions, lessons learned and feedback and compilation of all requisite documentation, agreements and internal approvals and other related activities, in order to ensure that the data and relevant documentation is accurate.
- Participate in the bid meetings with the internal senior management highlighting the key risks, opportunities, recommended equipment partners and contractors, risk mitigation strategies, cost-benefit analyses etc., to ensure all the key elements are raised and discussed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in the negotiations withACWA Power, providing relevant inputs and expertise, explaining the risks, assumptions, cost modelling to them, in order to serve the best interests of all the parties involved.
- Attend meetings at various locations (in different countries) on a short notice to participate in the O&M discussions.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Identify opportunities of improvement and contribute to organisational and departmental change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Perform any other duties which the organization may require to be carried out.
- A Bachelor degree holder inAccounting, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 8-10 years’ experience preferably in the Power & Water sector with 3-4 years of Project Business Development experience in related industry
- Extensive depth and breadth of knowledge and exposure to to Power industry.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.