Director Of Engineering
في Raena في
Abu Dhabi, UAE
ويبرز العملنُشرت يوم February 10, 2021
Raena helps digitally savvy millennials generate side income by selling high quality beauty products. We curate original and effective products from a trusted network of suppliers across the world, so our sellers are always assured of quality. We launched last year, and thousands of women are now driving meaningful income leveraging Raena’s platform. We free our sellers from the burden of investing capital up front, managing logistics, curating suppliers so that they can focus on growing their followers and engaging them with compelling content. We are a diverse and entrepreneurial team with experience working across China, India, South East Asia and the USA; at large corporates such as Alibaba, Google, Amazon and running our own startups. We are backed by leading investors and have recently raised a Series A from marquee global and local investors to scale our impact faster.
At Raena, our mission is to enable more people to become entrepreneurs. This translates to not just our customers, but our employees as well. Being an entrepreneur means being agile and fast, relentless and creative in the face of obstacles, owning not tasks but results and finally, listening to your instincts but backing it up with data. Our culture is open and transparent- everyone has access to all our metrics- and empowering. It's a great fit for those that like autonomy, speed and seeing the impact of their work.
You will be responsible for :
- Leading and developing the overall tech stack
- Hiring and managing engineering teams based across multiple geographical locations
- Overseeing front-end and back-end development teams and manage their projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Shaping the product and technical roadmap by working closely with business functional heads
- Managing the engineering department budgets
- You have at least 8 years of experience in large systems software design and web development: with at least 5 years of Java/Scala experience or a polyglot engineer (Java, Scala, Python etc)
- Experience with different databases like relational databases - PostgreSQL, MySQL - and NoSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra.
- You are familiar with Python libraries and good at designing RDBMS database tables, indexes as well as optimizing queries.
- You have prior experience working with AWS services like EC2 instances, S3, ElasticCache, PostgresQL, Redshift etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with and collaboration abilities are required to earn trust at all levels.
- You have the ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
- You also possess a great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit.
What's on Offer?
- Exciting role for an ambitious and top-tier tech leader
- Create positive impact by enabling people to become entrepreneurs
- Work closely with the founding team
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.